- U3A Online is an individual, independent and autonomous University Of The Third Age.
- U3A Online is the world-first virtual University of the Third Age, delivering online learning via the Internet. All that’s needed to study online is access to a computer with an Internet connection – and some basic computing skills.
- While face-to-face U3As are the ideal organisations for most seniors seeking life-long learning opportunities, it is not always possible for everyone to get to one. Members may become physically unable to attend, but want to still be mentally active. U3A Online can provide a service to those people and offers many other useful resources, especially those who are geographically, physically or socially isolated.
- U3A Online offers over 60 courses which can be undertaken either independently or, in some cases, with a leader. They are generally 6 to 8 weeks in length and can be accessed online at any time with only basic IT skills being required. We are regularly adding more courses which cover areas such as History, World Affairs, Science, Literature, Lifestyle, Writing and more. An individual yearly membership of $30 allows access to any number of these Courses during the year.
U3A online can be found at http://www.u3aonline.org.au/ – it is a great electronic resource which offers a diverse range of online studies. Membership signup and a fee of $30 is required to access these courses. Click here to see a list of U3A Online’s available courses.
Other Online Study Opportunities – FREE
- MOCC (Massive Open Online Courses) – want to know more – go to Guide To MOCC
- The Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre at The University of Tasmania currently runs two MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) – the Understanding Dementia MOOC and the Preventing Dementia MOOC. See below for course information.