… there is a new app available for your Smartphone, called “My Cairns”, specifically for people who live, work and play in the Cairns region to stay connected. You can use “My Cairns” to get information relevant to you, including:
• find out what events are happening across the Cairns region;
• find ‘Things to do’ – locate activities, walks, places to see and public facilities;
• find free Wi-Fi hotspots in and around Cairns;
• report problems for Council to fix;
• check your general waste and recycling collection days;
• get the latest Council news;
• give Council feedback;
• get notifications for Council jobs, bin nights and water restrictions;
• use the shortcut links in the side menu to: find a lost pet, get up to date disaster information, check flight times, check the weather;
• share content through social mediawe need additional volunteers for our expanding activities.
To install “My Cairns” on your phone, go to Play Store (for Android phones) or “App Store” for iPhones and type in “My Cairns”.
… there is a mountain of information contained on the Useful Info and Links page on this website, sorted by topics, including Entertainment, Social Networks, Legal Matters, and much more. Let me know what other interesting sites you have discovered and want to share or what topics you may be interested in by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
… if you want to know more about Staying Safe and Smart – including Consumer Rights, avoid being scammed, staying safe online and much more, you can look up Useful Info and Links on this website.
… U3A Cairns is a member of COTA (Council Of The Ageing). This organisation not only provides great information but also acts as an effective lobbying body for older Australians. A monthly magazine is available for members in the magazine rack in the reception area.
… COTAlife is a monthly E-newsletter to keep you informed about how COTA is advancing the rights, needs and interests of people as they age. It provides assistance to find services to enhance Queenslanders’ quality of life. You can receive it by signing up.
… you can study for free at JCU when you’re a member of U3A.
… the Reef Casino shows Free Movies in the Sports Arena at various times every Tuesday.
… regular FREE documentary films are shown screenings at JCU as part of ALTAR (Anthropological Laboratory For Tropical Audiovisual Research) film screenings. Want to know more? Click here to find out more!