JCU (James Cook University) welcomes U3A members to attend most subjects for no fee. U3A members can attend lectures, and may be able to participate in practicals, workshops, tutorials and field work, depending on the subject and the lecturer’s approval.
Prior to making the decision to attend JCU, please ensure that you have read and do comply with information and specifics contained on the 'IMPORTANT - MUST READ' page on this website. Failure to do so will most likely result in U3A's inability to process your application and disappointment for you.
Requests to attend JCU need to be forwarded to the U3A Academic Liaison Officer by the due date (see semester page) via the JCU Enrolment Form and must include details regarding the applicant’s name, U3A membership number, email address, subject code, full subject name and name of college administering the subject. Please note: U3A members should not contact lecturers directly! The following links may assist with the enrolment process:
- List of JCU subjects and details
- Map of Cairns JCU campus
- Further information on this website
- JCU timetable and Important dates
- Free Parking – on McGregor Road (go through the roundabout, past the campus main entrance) there is an unsealed area on the right opposite the end of Lydia Street.
- Paid Parking – is divided into zones:
- Yellow Zone – first 30 minutes free, $1.00 per hour thereafter
- Green Zone – 4 Hours maximum (behind the library) 25c per hour. This area also allows for short term parking (ie 15 minutes) to enable access/purchase to the bookstore (ie for parking vouchers).
- White Zone – 8 hour parking, 25c per hour.
- Prepaid Parking Vouchers can be purchased from the JCU Campus bookstore (the bookstore is located to the right of the Library across the creek).
- Paid Parking can also be managed electronically by registering with CelloPark using a credit or debit card, either via online or smartphone app.
- Multiple vehicles can be registered.
- Complete parking instructions are available online at www.jcu.edu.au/estate-directorate/campus-services/parking-@jcu/cairns-campus.
Gretchen Dickins is the U3A Liaison Officer for JCU and can be contacted by email only email@example.com.