- COTA Newsfeed – Australia Human Rights and Social Justice.
- Radio COTA (Council On The Ageing) – discusses and provides information on a variety of issues affecting older Australians. Search the library for previous posts and podcasts or continue to listen to the latest information.
- Ageing Mind Initiative – Ageing research that is provided and undertaken by The University Of Queensland. Go to their newsletter section for a wider range of informative resources.
Handy tips for everyday life
- Pumping petrol
- Fill up your car in the early morning – when the ground temperature is still cold, gives you more value for money. Storage tanks at service stations are located below ground and the colder the ground, the more dense is the petrol. As it gets warmer, it expands, so buying in the afternoon your litre may not be exactly a litre.
- When filling up, do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to fast mode (the trigger has 3 stages – low, middle and high). Pumping petrol in low mode minimises any vapours.
- Don’t fill up if a petrol truck is pumping into the storage tanks at the same time, to avoid picking up any stirred up dirt while filling up.