An arrangement exists between U3A Cairns and James Cook University (JCU) Cairns Campus whereby U3A Cairns members are able to attend lectures in a visitor capacity only, once approval has been gained from the lecturer for that specific subject (see below for further details of the process). Attendance is free and, as a non-paying student, you do not participate in assessments/exams.
U3A members are NOT to contact JCU lecturers directly to gain permission to attend classes.
Introduction to JCU studies will provide additional details of the arrangements between JCU and U3A Cairns to enable process U3A members to take advantage of these study opportunities.
Please take particular note of the following to avoid disappointment and risk failure to process your application!
- Cairns U3A members’ attendance at JCU is a privilege granted to our members.
- Your attendance is free.
- As a non-paying student, you do NOT participate in any assessments and/or exams.
- Not all tutorials and workshops will be available to U3A Cairns members, for a number of reasons (for example, class sizes; paying students have priority).
- Any courses attended as a U3A student will NOT have academic recognition.
- Requests to attend JCU courses can only be accepted if submitted via the enrolment form.
- Requests for enrolment cannot will not be accepted if you do not attend the JCU orientation meeting.
- U3A members should not contact JCU lecturers directly!