You can volunteer your unique qualities to benefit U3A Everyone who joins U3A is a volunteer of some sort
- Ideas – We can only grow if our members provide us with their ideas and talents. A suggestion box has been placed in the reception area to leave your ideas and comments or email us at email@example.com
- Tutors – U3A requires a tutor for each class or activity. At all times we are looking for any interesting subjects to teach and the people willing to do that job. There is a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction gained from giving to others. For more information, go to “Tutors Wanted” on this website.
- Conveners – This job requires very little work, yet you will derive much satisfaction, knowing that your contribution benefits many of our members. Conveners are required for each class. A convener sets up the room shortly before start time, checks that the class fees taken are correct and that the class attendance record is complete (for insurance purposes). At the end of the class they ensure that the room is left neat and tidy and check that the lights and air conditioners are turned off. They also set up the refreshments in either of the kitchens, clean up and put everything away once finished. Interested to help out but want to know more? Read on to view the Convener Guidelines (Mulgrave Road and external locations) and/or contact the Course Coordinator for more information on this.
- Service Roles: There are many small jobs required. This includes keeping the book shelves tidy; washing hand towels and tea towels; sweeping the floors, front and back paths regularly: updating the noticeboard; emptying the rubbish bins to the skip; scouring the coffee mugs in kitchen cupboards; filling the refreshment containers; wiping out the refrigerators; tidying around sink and cutlery trays; stacking the chairs. Responsibility for some or even just one of the jobs would be very much appreciated. To take on the responsibility of any of these tasks please advise the receptionist.
- The Management Committee is a group of volunteers. They are dedicated for a period of time to a specialised position. The management committee is responsible for the decision-making and the operation of this Not-for-Profit organisation that includes finance and forward planning. Each member of the management committee welcomes contact from our U3A members.